Welcome to the Turkic Lexicon!
Think of this database as Wictionary but for the Turkic languages. It is meant exclusively for research purposes! The database is organized alphabetically by Common Script, a script based on the modern Turkish and Hungarian alphabets. The definitions are objective, however it is inevitable that some may resemble the sources they cite. After all, there aren't many ways to creatively re-word terms such as at "horse" or ev "house". Additional transcriptions by external sources are also listed along with every entry and I make every effort to cite as many additional sources as possible for the benefit of the viewer,
If you catch an omission or mistake, let me know! Admin@BilgeBitig.org
107. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—
(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;
(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.